Monday, September 11, 2006

British Columbia


We started out late this morning because Rick and I are just plain tired! We didn't leave the hotel until around 10a.m. A few cups of coffee and squirts of Visine, and we we were good to go.

The drive north from Everett was incredibly beautiful. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. We arrived at the Canadian border at around noon and only had to wait in the queue for about 10 minutes. The border patrol asked us where we came from, where we live, what Rick does in the military, whether or not we were carrying firearms, and asked to see our passports. After looking at them for a few seconds he allowed us to proceed. Couldn't have been easier. All that worry for nothing!

B.C. license plates say Beautiful British Columbia, and for a very good reason! It truly is a beautiful place. After we got onto Highway 1 I took over the driving and spent the next few hours up in the mountains. It was the most beautiful drive I have ever taken in my life. I thought Rick and Bren would eventually gag me because every few seconds I was almost yelling Oh, oh, LOOK AT THAT! They both eventually fell asleep, leaving me to gaze in wide-eyed wonder at our LORD's marvelous creation. A few times I had to keep from looking off the side of the highway where there was no guardrail between the truck and the river a couple hundred feet below. I was so glad traffic was fairly light.

After driving out of the mountains we were very hungry and tired and in a little town called Cache Creek. It was about 4 p.m. and just did not feel like going on, so we stopped to get gas and Canadian money at an ATM, got a motel room, Subway sandwhiches, and retreated to the room for the evening. Our room doesn't have an internet connection; I'm getting the wireless very weakly from the hotel across the street, so I'm hoping I will be able to post this.

I'd love to write more, but am just too tired and ready for a good night sleep.

Thank you all for your prayers. The Lord has been so good to us, as this whole trip has been trouble-free thus far. I think of you and pray for you often.

Love you all!

D.

No comments: