Monday, September 11, 2006

Sept. 11th - Leaving Cache Creek


The first photo is of the Canadian border crossing at Sumas, Washington. We loved the drive up north from Everett!

The second photo is of a small mountain early on in our trip in Canada. I was driving during the best part of the drive, so obviously, I didn't get any pics.

We stayed at The Bonaparte Hotel last night which reminded me a lot of the motels we stayed in as kids while traveling across the states toward a new home the Navy was sending us to. A little more than bare bones, but not much more than that. I'll post a pic of it tonight if we happen to be in a place with an internet connection.

We slept well last night, but woke up at 3:30 a.m. to take the dogs out. It took me about an hour to get back to sleep, but I'm feeling rested and awake this morning, for which I'm thankful. Awoke to a strong wireless signal, so figured I'd take advantage of it and post again.

While Bren is getting ready to go, Rick went for a walk down the street to see if he could spot a restaurant for us to sit down and have breakfast. I should get myself moving and finish packing things up.

I thankfully ask that you continue to pray for us when you think of us.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Violet N. said...

Welcome to Canada!

Rissa said...

I'm jealous you were there when I was flying away to Cali!